Monday, November 5, 2012

So this week, I chose to do "Empire Star" by Samuel R. Delany for this weekends reading. I have to say, coming into it, I thought it would have an average story, like the main character, Comet Jo, would go on a quest for the Jewel or whatnot. Boy is my mind scrambled beyond belief. The Gist is that there is an 18 year old boy named Jo who comes across a being named jewel is seems to be a crystalized creature called a Tritovian. After that, he leaves his hometown to go to the Empire Star to deliver a message and gets in all sorts of adventures and quests and discoveries. It's kind of hard to explain but the novel sort of ends abruptly, there were a a few pages left of some events that seemed scrambled. At that point, I tried to piece it together, but because of my hefty amount of work, I would try it again later.
So yeah, it definitely was a different kind of book, it does try something new and it did keep my interest for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment