Tuesday, September 25, 2012

So this time I read the hobbit again, it's been a long time since I last read it, so I gave it a go again because I remember enjoying it the first few times reading it. The story follows a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins who is told about a treasure at a dragon's lair by a wizard named Gandalf. The story is about the adventure he has and what he encounters along the way, he fights monsters and meets friends to help him and his band of dwarves along the way. It's a simplistic story but it works in many way because of the memorable characters such as the dwarves, Bilbo himself, Gandalf and even Thorin the dragon serves as great villain to the story. Maybe it's the way it's written but even with the basic story, it's still fun to read. Reading it again makes me hope that the upcoming film adaptation will be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment